In-Charge : Dr Achal Deep Dubey
The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools and colleges all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades. The officers and cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preference over normal candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corps.
At Mayo College N C C is compulsory activity. Students of Classes 8 & 9 are enrolled in all the three wings like Army, Air and Navy wing for a period of two years.
The important activities taken by N C C cadets are:
1. The cadets attend a ten days Combined Annual Training Camp.
2. The cadets take part in Independence Day Parade competition.
3. The Selected Cadets take part in Republic Day Parade
4. Air Wing Cadets participate in Para sailing, Para gliding & Microlite flying
5. Naval wing cadets participate in Boat pulling
6. Cadets of all the wings take part in firing from .22 Rifle
7. The parade practice takes place regularly once every week round the year
8. At the end of the second year of training, the cadets take N C C ‘A’ Certificate Examination.