In-Charge : Mr NP Varma
1. Model United Nations (MUN) is an academic simulation of the United Nations that aims to educate participants about current events, topics in international relations, diplomacy and the United Nations agenda.
2. Current no. of members (Jr. School - 25 & Sr. School 150)
Max. No. of members possible: 200
3. Existing Charter and/or mandates - Voluntary Activity for students who have interest in world affairs/United Nations.
4. Eligibility criteria/requisites for membership - Excellent /good communication skills, Well behaved with good conduct, decent dressing sense, negotiating and lobbying abilities, etc. Selection is done before sending a boy to represent the school with parent’s consent.
5. Range / Kind of activities carried out (with records of past few years)
A. Holding workshops on training Model UN work/ practices/ procedures.
B.Special sessions are held from time to time with one to one interaction with distinguished Mayo Alumni like Lt Gen Ajay Singh-Ex Govenor Assam, Mr Ajay Vikram Singh Bagsuri Ex Defence Secretary, Dr J.N. Mishra Ex Ambassador of India to Portugal Mr S.Singh IFS Ex Ambasador at Sri Lanka and foreign journalists.
C. Participation in MUN’S like Doon School MUN, Cathederal MUN Mumbai, MCGSMUN, Genesis MUN, NOIDA, O.P.Jindal University Sonipat, Manipal University Jaipur Campus, Bhavan Vidyalaya,Chandigarh,Welhem School Dehradun, Pathways World School,Gurgaon, Daly College Indore, Modern School Barakamba New Delhi to name a few.
D. Mayo Parliament (Mock Parliament) sessions are held to discuss important national and international issues which have direct implications for India
E. Mayo delegation won a few prizes at Cathederal MUN,Mumbai in 2007and 2014 a couple of them with a best delegate award, was declared best delegation at MCGSMUN 2013, Best delegation at Doon School,Dehradun 2017,Best delegation Epitome MUN 2018,Best delegation Punjab Public School MUN 2019 Besides Best delegation in Crisis Situation at MCGSMUN 2014,Doon School, Dehradun, Outstanding delegation at All Saints School International MUN and at Ajmer MUN organised at Delhi Public School Ajmer
F. The activity was started in 2005 but in present scenario it came in 2012 when MCGS was organising its first session of MUN. Mayo College sent a large delegation not only to support its sister institution but also to provide a platform to our students for this beautiful intellectually stimulating activity. Mayo has created an environment wherein such an activity nurtures its pupils. Mayoites have proved their worth true to its vision of nurturing global leaders.