Supervisor - Mr Karan Deb (Sr School)
Supervisor - Mr Rajendra Sharma (Jr School)
The purpose of the football program is to provide an extracurricular activity for school students which builds their character and leadership skills and allows them to grow mentally and physically while supporting their academic growth. The emphasis on teamwork and unity strives to teach the principles of working with others toward a common goal while demonstrating the rewards of supporting one another through both triumphs and defeats. The football program seeks to assist youth to develop character, leadership, self-discipline, responsibility, citizenship, respect, humility, self-confidence, persistence, and the ability to set and strive for goals.
Football is one of the major games in Mayo College. It is played as a seasonal game in July and August by all students in first three days of the week. In rest of the days, students are distributed into “Football –A Group” and “General Football Group” according to their skills. Football –A Group students are given intensive coaching by qualified coaches. On Sundays practice matches are played with local teams.
The School has six football grounds and three coaches to guide students. We have all the necessary equipment and gadgets to play good and quality football.
We have graded the teams in three levels:
• U-14 (Below 14 years of age): Classes 7 & 8
• U-17 (Below 17 years of age): Classes 9 & 10
• U-19 (Below 19 years of age): Classes 11 & 12
• Development of football skills and stamina building by regular practice under the guidance of coaches.
• Updating students about new rules and regulations of the game.
• Organizing middles and seniors inter-house tournament.
• Participation in IPSC, district, state and national level tournaments.
• Hosting tournaments at school.